Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

NEWLY REGISTERED?
Please email admin[at]chinesepaladin.org with your username to activate your account!

Board index » Chinese Paladin TV Drama 仙劍奇俠傳戲劇 » Chinese Paladin 3 仙劍奇俠傳 3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chang Qing & Zi Xuan
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zhao Ling Er
aww..I liked your poem XD Gotta put it to good use somewhere ^.^

Now for the summary! Really appreciate you putting it together :D I think it sounds good, but I'm thinking of adding some more...'love' in there, lol. Just some persuasive language to convince people we really love this couple because of how special they are.

Oh by the way, someone commented on your article:

http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/c ... o#comments

^^

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:03 pm 
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

Favourite Xian Jian Character: ZhaoLingErLingErLiLiXiaoYao
actually, you already convince me that you like them a lot!... :D :D

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

lol, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I re-read it and I thought it sounds brilliant XD XD I've added it to the fansite now :)

Oh oh, I finally got around to compiling another 2 articles together:

As usual, feel free to add/edit/change anything written here: http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/i ... ngs-dreams

and

http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/w ... or-zi-xuan

Thanks so much for your contributions so far :D

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:09 am 
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Favourite Xian Jian Character: Xu Changqing and Zi Xuan
Chibi Jennifer wrote:
Oh by the way, someone commented on your article

Oh, thanks for telling me.

Quote:
lol, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I re-read it and I thought it sounds brilliant XD XD I've added it to the fansite now :)

Yeah, for the summary I just made it short, simple, and straight to the point. So that's probably why you initially felt like there wasn't that much 'love' in it. And I do know what you mean when you said that. To be honest, while I was writing the summary, I did wanted to add more stuff to show the special love between them but since it's supposed to be a summary, I wanted to mostly just state the facts.

Quote:
Oh oh, I finally got around to compiling another 2 articles together:

As usual, feel free to add/edit/change anything written here: http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/i ... ngs-dreams
and
http://undyinglove.chinesepaladin.org/w ... or-zi-xuan

Thanks so much for your contributions so far :D

There's really nothing I can think of to add right now. If I think of anything later on, I'll let you know.

Oh another thing.. you know for your 'The End, bittersweet promises and separation' image gallery, you wrote that "Zi Xuan’s ageing process increased drastically with her hair now as white as snow" but isn't the reason her hair's white because of her intense love for Changqing and then having to let him go once and for all? The lyrics in the opening song say "when one's love is most intense, even the black hair turns white," so that's why I'm curious.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not really sure myself. When we were trying to interpret the song lyrics in the other topic, we thought it may relate to Zi Xuan, since she is the only one whose hair turns white in the drama. However, whether or not its meaning is that literal is another story.

The ending does kinda confuse me. We're not really told how long its been since they separated- but it can't be that long since no one really seems to have aged. Changqing, JingTian and XueJian look about the same. Also, when Jing Tian made the deal to shorten his life to save the life of others, he shouldn't have that long to live... so it couldn't have been that long since the final battle.

Zi Xuan lost her immortality once Qing'er's seal was removed but does that mean she will start ageing at that point? And at what rate? Or does she quickly turn into a 200 year old, her true age? From what I saw, I thought Zi Xuan ages much quicker than the normal human because she used much of her life-force in saving Changqing at the beginning.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 am 
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

Chibi Jennifer wrote:
From what I saw, I thought Zi Xuan ages much quicker than the normal human because she used much of her life-force in saving Changqing at the beginning.

In the series before Zixuan went and got Chonglou's heart, it showed not only her hair turning white but also her knuckles getting coarse and wrinkly... so if her hair were to turn completely white because of aging instead of love, then I wonder why her face at the end was still young and flawless without any wrinkles whatsoever. Shouldn't her face also age along with the white hair? Ah well, I guess it doesn't matter though.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You know I wondered about that too, but I thought it would just look really ugly to see TangYan all old and wrinkly XD And I'm sure fans would rather see a pretty ZI Xuan in the end. I mean personally I think white hair isn't too bad on her since she still looks lovely- but for people back then especially to have white hair is probably a much bigger deal. ShengGu also has plenty of white hair as well, as oppose to 200 years ago when her hair was black.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:18 pm 
Chinese Paladin Lover
Chinese Paladin Lover

LOL the thought of not making her all wrinkly because fans want a young and pretty Zixuan in the end, even if she does have a complete head of white hair, has occurred to me before.
Anyhow as for Shenggu, I personally think her hair is white not because of her age but because of love. She's not a Nuwa descendant so the loss of powers and youth doesn't apply to her as it does to Zixuan, and she's also supposed to be an immortal as well. And Shenggu's hair wasn't just black 200 years ago. 100 years ago when Zixuan had her baby, Shenggu still had black hair. It makes me question what's the difference between 100 years and 200 years that now in the present time Shenggu's hair has to all of a sudden turn white? Not only that but Zixuan was always telling Shenggu that she'd never understand Zixuan's feelings for Changqing because she has never been in love, and I think (it's just my opinion) those were subtle hints, along with the verse in the opening song, that suggests that Zixuan was probably wrong about Shenggu, that Shenggu had indeed fallen in love before but because she had to go through the pain of separation and follow through with her duty in the mortal world, her hair turned white. That's just what I think. It's what I've always thought about Shenggu actually.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

That's a very interesting way to look at it. I too, thought there was some kind of hint when Zi Xuan claims ShengGu doesn't know her pain because she never loved. I mean that is quite a harsh comment, but I suppose it's probably Zi Xuan frustrated that ShengGu doesn't seem to have any empathy for her when it comes to her feelings. ShengGu does also seem to hold quite a grudge against Changqing, but all because of the love she has for Qing'er. Some have argued Zi Xuan's character lacked motherly love as all she seemed to care about was pursuing Changqing- even letting him decide her fate.

In a sense, I can see where they're coming from but it can also be argued that since Changqing is Qing'er's father, I think he has the right to also have a say. Obviously Zi Xuan didn't want to sacrifice her daughter, but had she simply insisted that she was going to keep the water pearl, she would probably come across as a selfish character. Either way, it's not going to be easy for Zi Xuan since she is stuck in a pretty difficult position.

On a slightly random note, it's possible for ShengGu to love, since the ShengGu in Chinese Paladin 1, also fell in love and even gave birth..

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 am 
Hero Wannabe

Favourite Xian Jian Character: Changqing
I just love Chang Qing and Zi Xuan unwavering love. It is just too beautiful.

But don't you guys think that their beautiful undying love is because they couldn't be together? Just like Romeo and Juliet.

They couldn't be together but they still have each other in their hearts. :oops:

And I just have a question about Chang Qing.

Did be became a immoratal now? If so, was he mentioned in PAL 1?

I know that Qing'er, their daughter, fell in love with a priest...do you guys know if he was from the same sect as Chang Qing?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:16 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Behan! Welcome to the XianJian forum and more importantly welcome to this topic of Changqing and Zixuan worship and admiration, hehee.

I think their story would have been just as beautiful whether they end up together or not, because I was totally captivated by their story from beginning to end.. But there's just something bittersweet about endings where things kind of turn out for the better, yet they're not physically together. *sigh* Well, their ending was very memorable for me =) Their scenes give me so much satisfaction.

Umm, I'm not sure if Changqing became an immortal in the end, but we assume he does eventually.

Qing'er falls in love with the ShuShan Leader when he was younger, so yes it's from the same sect.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:25 pm 
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

how does being a immortal apply To CP series? are they really immortal ? well why did Drunken immortal died
?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I thought Drunken immortal was just his name- he wasn't really an immortal, was he...?

Plus, immortal just means they don't die of ageing right, but they can die by other means? Wait..I'm confused now. lol

Post Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:31 pm 
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan

LOL! so am i... if they dont die in aging why did the shushan sect master aged in cp 1.. oh they became old men but not die? or is it they will disappear and not die? ha ha i lack the intelligence about Chinese mythology.. ha ha.. and because of that i compared it to Liu YiFei's movie the forbidden kingdom where immortals become immortal because they drank the elixir of life or something.... haha im getting off topic i need help in this immortal thing...:) :) :)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:06 am 
Dedicated Pal Fan
Dedicated Pal Fan

Favourite Xian Jian Character: Zi Xuan
Chang Qin and Zi Xuan were also my favorite couples in CHinese Paladin, counting both PALs. Their love was so true, and lasted 200 years; three lifetimes. I watched Chinese Paladin 3 over and over again, but only the parts with Zi Xuan and Chang Qin. :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Chinese Paladin TV Drama 仙劍奇俠傳戲劇 » Chinese Paladin 3 仙劍奇俠傳 3